Whether you’re picking up your instrument for the first time, or you’ve been playing with a band for years, let a working professional guitarist with a bachelor’s degree in music performance, and graduate study in UT Austin’s music program, help you achieve your musical goals.
I’ve taught kids as young as 5. Singer-songwriters who are working the clubs. Adults realizing their lifelong dreams of playing and writing songs. Professional musicians who want to learn to play in a different style. And people of all ages who just want to play for the fun of it.
As a performer, I’ve played lead guitar, banjo and other instruments with several popular bands in Portland, Austin, Sarasota, New York, Madison, and beyond: Indie Rock (see video), Rockabilly, R&B, Blues, Jazz (see video), Gypsy Swing, Americana (see video), Bluegrass, Blues, and more. So, if your goal is to succeed as a musician, I can help you get there.
- Guitar lessons (beginner to pro)
- Bass and banjo lessons (beginner to intermediate)
- Take lessons where and when you want them — my Portland studio, or your home or office.
- Lessons tailored to your needs, desires and skill level.
- All styles — play the music you want to play.
- Beginners through professionals: advance as far as your ambition and talent will take you.
- Ear-training, sight-reading and theory.
- Song-writing and composition.
- Audition preparation for bands, or college music entry exams, and more.
- Singer-songwriters welcome.
- Competitive rates.
- Lesson fees payable on a monthly basis — no long-term commitment.
Contact me today — start playing right away:
I look forward to hearing from you.